John Cary Early Childhood Director's Corner...
On behalf of the students, parents, faculty and staff, allow me to welcome you to the John Cary Early Childhood Center! I am delighted to be the Director of such an outstanding program.
At John Cary, your child will discover new friends and learn new skills through a safe environment that nurtures the whole child. Our teachers, paraprofessionals, therapists and support staff are highly qualified in their area of expertise.
Just a few of our program highlights include:
- Interactive SMART Boards
- Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports (PBIS) Gold Level Recipient
- Character Education Promising Practices Award recipient, and Honorable Mention for State School of Character
- Program Wide “Take Care Code:” Take Care of Yourself, Take Care of Each Other, Take Care of Your School, Take Care of Your World
- Integrated curriculum in seven core content areas utilizing a constructivist approach
- Inclusion program made up of children with disabilities and children without disabilities
- Actively involved PTO
- Many opportunities to be involved!
These are just a few of several reasons why John Cary is a wonderful place for your child to develop and grow. We always welcome your thoughts and ideas! I am looking forward to working withall of you and forming a strong partnership between home and school.
Ann Westbrook, Ed.S.
Director of MehlvilleEarly Childhood